From Peter VanLinn III, Park Ecologist, Forest Park Forever
Forest Park Forever continues to offer walking tours in Forest Park:
- Free to the Public
- Hour-long behind-the-scenes tours lead by Forest Park Forever Staff
- Bring family, friends & leashed pets
- Please have all members of group ready to begin at time of tour
- Pace is leisurely, covers up to 1½ miles
- Reservations not required
- Dress appropriately for inclement weather (may be cancelled in severe weather)
Friday Heart of the Park Tours:
- Oct. 4 – Wild Edibles and Avoidables – meet at the Visitor Center
- Oct. 11 – Wildflowers of Deer Lake – meet at the Visitor Center
- Oct. 18 – Fall: Natures Grand Finale – meet at the Visitor Center
- Oct. 25 – Exploring our Urban Forest – meet at the Visitor Center
- Nov. 1 – Celebrate Fall on Art Hill – meet at the Fine Arts & Lagoon
- Nov. 8 – Destination: Murphy Lake – meet at Steinberg
- Nov. 15 – Celebrate Fall on Art Hill – meet at the Fine Arts & Lagoon
- Nov. 22 – Natives go Formal – meet at the World’s Fair Pavilion
For questions or more details, contact:
Julie Anderson—Land Management Office
314-932-5950 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday Birding Tours:
In addition, Forest Park Forever and the St. Louis Audubon Society offer opportunities to go birding in Forest Park on the first Saturday of the month. The program is FREE, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC and is geared toward NOVICE bird watchers.
Dates: Oct. 5, Nov. 2, Dec. 7
Time: 8:30 a.m. -10:30 a.m.
Where: Call or email for meeting locations.
Other: Wear comfortable shoes, dress for the weather.
You may also want to bring binoculars.
For more information, please email:
Amy Witt at: email@example.com