Does your front yard need an update?
Do you want to attract more birds and butterflies to your yard?
Do you want to landscape with native plants?
You’re in luck!
For the eleventh year, Wild Ones – St. Louis Chapter, Grow Native!, and Shaw Nature Reserve are looking for a front yard that will showcase landscaping with native plants.
One lucky homeowner will be selected for a front yard native landscape makeover. The sponsors will provide the services of a professional native landscape designer and volunteers to install the landscape. The sponsors also will provide native plants and other landscape materials. The homeowner will prepare the site for planting. Planting day is Saturday, September 23, 2017.
To be eligible for the native landscape makeover, participants must:
- Live in ZIP code 63105-Clayton, 63117-Richmond Heights, 63124-Ladue, 63132-Olivette, 63143-Maplewood, or 63144-Brentwood
- Have had a Bring Conservation Home evaluation of your property completed with report available at the time of application submission
- Agree to maintain planted area, keeping it free of weeds
- Agree to display the Wild Ones provided educational sign about the landscape
- Allow visits by project partners and agree to host a Wild Ones monthly gathering within 2 years of planting date
- Use only native plants in the project area
- Have a makeover area that is at least 12 feet by 12 feet
- Prepare the site for planting prior to September 23, 2017
- Be willing to be interviewed on camera
- Grant permission for the sponsors to use images of the project in educational efforts
The deadline for applications is May 31, 2017. We will review them and get back to you by late June.
Apply today. You may be the lucky winner of a landscape makeover!
Note: Please read through the entire application before starting to enter your information, measurements and photos are required. It is not possible to save a draft of the application, you must complete it in one sitting. You may want to copy our questions over to another document ahead of time, write out your answers, then just cut and paste into the form.
Thank you for your applications! We will review them and get back to you by late June.
The Landscape Challenge is co-sponsored by: