Wild Ones: Native Plants, Natural Landscapes encourages landscaping with native plants in residential, business and public landscapes.
Why you should care about native plants? As more land is developed for housing and businesses, the environment has become increasingly fragmented. Butterflies, birds, and other wildlife have a harder time finding the plants they depend on for food, shelter, and raising their young. Gardens with native plants can help to fill this need.
Native plants, including trees, shrubs, wildflowers and grasses, are better adapted to local conditions, and require less maintenance. Imagine a yard that requires little or no fertilizer, water and pesticides!
And native plants connect us to history. These plants have been growing in the St. Louis area for hundreds of years. Your yard could have some of the same plants that were here when the first pioneers explored the West.JOIN US
Your local Wild Ones – St. Louis Chapter membership benefits:
- A discount on plants purchased from our booth at the annual Spring Wildflower Market when you volunteer
- Reduced registration fees for workshops through Missouri Prairie Foundation’s Grow Native! program
- Our group seedling order placed near the end of the year through the Missouri Department of Conservation
- A beautiful and educational native plant yard sign (with post) available to purchase for $22.00 from Sue Leahy at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Discount on a yard evaluation with the St. Louis Audubon Society’s Bring Conservation Home program.
- Quarterly newsletter, Wild Ones Journal, also available to members online
- Archived Journal issues
- New member handbook
- Books to purchase and other resources
- Annual photo contest to enter
- Cool T-shirts to buy and wear at our local events
- The Wild Ones Journal features a member’s garden/yard in each issue. Whether your garden is large or small, they would like to showcase your natural landscaping. Email Barbara Benish email@example.com if you are interested.
Remember to choose Wild Ones-Natural Landscapers as the charity for your AmazonSmile donations. “Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice when you shop at smile.amazon.com.” These donations help support our National Wild Ones organization.