By Marsha Gebhardt
President, Wild Ones – St. Louis Chapter
Wild Ones members will be providing a strong showing of native landscapes during the free Sustainable Backyard Tour on Sunday, June 12. Eight members will be hosting at five homes on the tour:
- Susan and Fred Burk – Burk’s Peaceful Space!; 145 Girard Place in Kirkwood
- Sherri DeRousse and Andy Guti – City Delight; 4059 Utah Street in Tower Grove South
- Kevin King – Old World Soulard Courtyard; 804 Ann Ave. in Soulard
- Sue and Andy Leahy – Leahy’s Wildlife Habitat; 2833 Marderly Drive in Brentwood
- Besa Schweitzer – Besa’s Garden; 771 Pardella Ave. in Lemay
As an indicator of the strengthening native-plant movement, 35 of the 48 yards/gardens are designed to support pollinators through the use of native plants.
As you tour and talk with folks, please remember to invite fellow native-plant enthusiasts to visit our website – stlwildones.org. Encourage them to look at our calendar and to continue their learning with us at our monthly gatherings.