By Dawn Weber
Board Member-at-Large, Wild Ones – St. Louis Chapter
The holidays are here and you may be looking for a gift for that gardener in your life, or maybe someone is looking for a gift idea for you!
Some ideas include:
- Gift certificates for buying plants next year
- A Wild Ones membership for someone who’s shown interest in native plants, pollinators, birds or butterflies
- A Bring Conservation Home consultation
But also we’d like to generate some ideas from all of you – help us build a list of your favorite items. In the comments below, please include a link to the item where it is available for purchase if possible.
What is your favorite…
- Garden tool?
- Yard ornament?
- Water bottle to stay hydrated?
- Book about native plants, native plant gardening, or wildlife?
- Item you didn’t know you needed but now cannot do without when you’re outside building or restoring habitat?
I’ll start with my two favorites:
- Hori hori knife – I use this tool for nearly everything – digging small holes, getting root-bound plants ready for planting, prying out weeds, dividing.
- Creating unique items from your garden photos at Shutterfly – I recently put together a book of favorite images from my yard. Watch for sales to get the best value.